Pages

Monday, 27 May 2019

English

Adverb Sentence
We use it to add interest and intrigue

Adverb (comma) Sentence
Quickly,Firstly, Often, Almost, Readly, Happily, Similarly. Surprisingly, Importantly, Remarkably, Significantly,

Example
Surprisingly, I was at school on time.
Firstly, we went to go buy some food
Quickly, I got the basketball and ran away

The W- Start
We use it to sound thoughtful and knowledgeable
You can use Who, While, Whilst, When, Where, What, Whereas,

Example Sentence
While the teacher was talking, Rusi was playing with a stick
When the bell rung, others were still playing at the courts
While others were doing work Subhnesh was eating lollies in class

While Rusi was eating lollies, the whole class finished the work
Unsurprisingly he finished his work before he ate the lollies

W- Sentence- While the class was participating in P.E, Alex was just playing with a ball
Adverb Sentence- Quickly, Alex put the ball away and participated with the class,

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.